Vacancy: Cloud Engineer

For and by engineers! Are you looking for a (hybrid/remote) job at a creative and problem-solving scale-up run by engineers?

Job description

Kroescontrol is looking for a cloud engineer. We are a young company consisting of cloud and automation engineers. Our activities consist of consultancy, managed services, training and secondment work. To acquire and develop even more knowledge and experience, we are looking for a cloud engineer who meets the following qualifications:

      • A professional level of work and thinking.

      • You have experience as a cloud engineer or as a DevOps engineer.

      • Experience with at least 1 of the big 3 public cloud providers.

      • Knowledge and experience with: Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), Config management (Ansible), Infrastructure as code (Terraform), Infrastructure automation & Ci/CD.

      • You have good soft skills and are able to advise and support management. In addition, you can prepare clear, complete documentation to implement knowledge sharing among other engineers.

      • A cloud engineer performs a command, architect or analytical role for our customers.

      • In general, these are medium-sized companies to multinationals with challenging IT environments. Think of: Schiphol, Police, Nedap, Lightyear, Vattenfall, ING, Tax Authorities, ASML.

      • You will join a task-oriented team and work together with engineers on specific processes.

      • Your improvements and solutions will impact large numbers of users.

      • Experience in secondment is a plus.

      • Technical experience at least comparable to RHCE or similar (willingness to obtain this).

      • Some concrete tasks you will probably encounter in your work are:
        Migrate from bare metal to the cloud
        Managing cloud environments.
        Installing, updating and configuring these environments.
        Integrating CI/CD pipelines
        Thinking about the development of IT solutions and processes.


        • GIT

        • Terraform

        • Grafana

        • Docker

        • Kubernetes

        • Etc.

      Employment conditions

          • Salary between €4,000 and €6,500 gross per month, depending on your experience

          • Working from home or from Boutique office in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Klarenbeek (Arnhem region)

          • Flexible working hours

          • Bonus/Profit sharing

          • Travel allowance

          • Company car

          • Budget for professional development

          • 30 vacation days

          • Pension

          • 90⁄10 rule

          • Type of employment: Full-time (40 hours per week)

        Do you have questions or comments about the employment conditions and further content of this vacancy? Please feel free to contact us!

        Certifications and training

        Do you want to follow training and become certified in the future? At Kroescontrol, “the sky is the limit”. We do not impose any financial restrictions on the study budget. We attach great importance to certificates and much is possible in consultation. Not everyone is made for training and obtains certificates just as easily. That is why our passion for technology always comes first!

        About Kroescontrol

        Kroescontrol is an ambitious company with an enthusiastic and informal working atmosphere. We specialize in cloud engineering & infrastructure automation. We work everywhere with a proactive attitude and automation mindset. Together with our clients, we look for an architecture that works and is future-proof!

        At Kroescontrol, passion for technology is the most important criterion, which is why Kroescontrol management still carries out many projects itself.

        Because Kroescontrol finds passion and enjoyment for technology so important, we have introduced the 90⁄10 rule. This means that you can use 10% of your working time to do things that make the other 90% more fun.

        In short, a company that is there for both its customers and you. Will you join us?

        PS: We try to organize something fun every month, such as karting or snowboarding, followed by a dinner. We also like to spend our free time working on Teslas, home automation and technology in general. You too?

        Do you recognize yourself in our working atmosphere and do you want to work on your own future in a fun environment? Contact +31 6 3411 6494!